Join Adirondack team!
All you need to do is :
- Download the Application pdf file
- Print the Application
- Scan it
- Email it to [email protected]
The incumbent is responsible to provide the safety information about rail bike operations prior to each departure and directs patrons in getting on and off the rail bike. Collecting tickets and assisting children and older patrons, as necessary.
The incumbent is accountable to ensure that bikes are disinfected, according to established procedures, prior to each scheduled departure, and perform minor seat adjustments as needed for the comfort of passengers.
The rail bike operation is based at the Thendara Train Station near Old Forge, NY.
The incumbent is responsible for:
• Providing the mandatory information developed to ensure rider safety
• Checking tickets in advance of each departure
• Politely keeping order with regards to social distancing among patrons while riding
• Pedaling guide railbike on multiple 6-mile round trip excursions
• Responding to customer inquiries on rail bike operations and the sights on the ride
• Maintaining a professional approach with all customers.
This is a summer season position. A successful incumbent will enjoy outdoor work, be physically fit, and enjoy working with the general public.
A current valid NYS driver’s license is required.
Incumbents will be required to train to be certified to meet the operating rules of the organization. Training time will be paid.
CPR/Basic First Aid training is preferred but not required.
This is an hourly position at the rate of $17.50.