Explore the Adirondacks and enjoy the scenery at a leisurely pace on our Rail Bikes. Click the button below to see our Rail Bike Adventures website.
Live the magic of the classic Polar Express™ Train Ride story with the Adirondack Railroad. Depart from Utica’s Union Station and travel north while being served hot chocolate and cookies.
Let the Adirondack Railroad help you discover the beauty of the Adirondacks by transporting you to Thendara. The Utica to Thendara trip is truly unique experience and has several features that set it apart!
Please check out our social media sites!
The Adirondack Railway Preservation Society (ARPS), operator of the Adirondack Railroad aims to preserve and restore rail service between the High Peaks region, Central New York and beyond via rail connections in Utica. ARPS partners with communities and businesses along the line to promote the railway and as an economic development driver while offering historic and environmental education opportunities.
Our vision includes expanding rail and coordinated-trail based offerings, allowing for people of all ages and physical capacities to traverse remote areas of the Adirondack Park.
Choose Your Train Station
Help Save The Railroad
Board of Directors Meetings:
Board of Directors meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 9 AM in the ARPS office at 330 Main Street, Suite 102, Utica, NY 13502. Face masks and social distancing are required.
We have reached the conclusion of a very extended open nomination period. The new nominees are:
- Resident of Munnsville (home is the former station after 5 year refurbishment)
- Noted historian and author, photographer; 16 full length books most recent a 799 page history of the NYCRR Adirondack Division
- Military vet, Vietnam service, rail enthusiast and researcher
- Well known ARPS supporter, speaker, past affiliations with several railroads and/or museums
- Officer and director Benjamin F Edwards investments
- Degrees in psychology and rehabilitation counseling
- Member of FINRA security/regulatory council, North Castle NY Historical Society, Armonk Bobcat Baseball, Aging in America Inc.,
- Adirondack Mountain Club, Appalachian Mountain Club, American Canoe Association, ARPS supporter
- Degrees in special education, and theater and voice
- Commissioner of the Adirondack Park Agency 2004-2016 and chair of the Adirondack Park Agency 2012-2016
- Cofounder of Adirondack Common Ground Alliance
- Founding director of CAP-21
- Herkimer College Old Forge region coordinator, Adirondack Community Housing Trust, Central Adirondack Association, Niccolls Memorial Church
- 34 years CSX
- senior officer strategy and planning, car management, experience with sales, marketing, finance, customer service
- Indiana Railroad board member, railroad associations in North and South Carolina, North Country Logistics Solutions consulting (rail logistics)
- United Way, youth soccer coach, school volunteer
- Bowdoin College and Dartmouth University degrees