Watch the scenic countryside roll by while sipping on the best wines and brews. Travel from Utica’s Union Station north to Remsen Station, enjoying a selection of wines or beers along the way.
- Utica to Big Moose without Restaurant
- Utica to Big Moose with Restaurant
A Great Excursion For All Ages!
Enjoy our longest scenic trip through forests, over rivers and streams, seeing all the hidden beauties of the Adirondacks.
Fun-filled outing for people of all ages! While you’re on the train, visit our café car and try the light and hearty fare as you ride the rails on the Adirondack Railroad!
Enjoy our Longest Trip with a Meal in the Big Moose Station Restaurant!
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch at the Big Moose Station.
- Fountain beverages, tea, and coffee are included.
- Fare price includes tax and tip.
- If you have any dietary restrictions please inform the station manager.
- Limited to 50 seats.
Enjoy the Same Ride Without the Restaurant Visit!
- You have the option to choose a box lunch at time of booking
- The box lunch is a choice between philly cheesesteak sandwich or caesar salad, both come with chips
- The box lunch can be enjoyed on the train or outdoors
- You also have the option to bring your own lunch
Departs Utica: 9:30 am
Arrives in Thendara: 12:00 pm
Departs Thendara: 12:30 pm
Arrives in Big Moose: 1:15 pm
Departs Big Moose: 2:30 pm
Arrives in Thendara: 3:10pm
Departs Thendara: 4:30pm
Arrives in Utica: 6:30 pm
Please be advised that this trip is not wheelchair accessible.
Big Moose Station Restaurant
- BBQ Chicken
- Utica style Chicken Riggies
- Philadelphia Cheese Steak
- Caesar Salad
- Homemade Fudge Brownie
Fountain beverages, tea, and coffee are included.
Fare price includes tax and tip.
Please let the Station Manager know of any dietary restrictions.
Where is Thendara?
Thendara, NY is a small town located a mile south of Old Forge, NY.
Where is Big Moose?
Big Moose is located north of Thendara and Old Forge, south of Inlet. The train stops at the restored Big Moose Station for a relaxing lunch. Visit www.bigmoosestation.com for more details.
Will we have time to stop in Old Forge?
Unfortunately, this trip does not allow time to stop in Old Forge. If you are looking for a train from Utica to Old Forge, we recommend one of our Utica to Thendara trips which offers shuttle service into Old Forge.
Will the train be hot/cold?
The train is climate controlled, so you should be comfortable. In the summer, there will be an open-air car on the end of the train so you can feel the breeze if the weather is nice!
Is there food on the train?
Our train is equipped with a café car and concessions are available for purchase. Passengers are welcome to bring a small cooler with food and beverages for the day but are not permitted to bring alcohol on the train. Beer and wine are available for purchase in the café car.
Can we switch days?
Reservations may only be switched to a different day, subject to availability. Please be advised that many of our trips do sell out.