Departure Dates 2016:
Utica Union Station
321 Main Street
Utica, NY 13501
*Tickets include meal
Take a train back in time with the Adirondack
Scenic Railroad! Ride the train north from Utica’s
Union Station to Remsen Depot to eat at The
Soda Fountain, Remsen’s ‘50s-themed restaurant!
The Soda Fountain girls will host the party on
the train, and we’ll bring you back to Utica
*This trip is not wheelchair-accessible.
Don't forget to visit our gift shop, that has a variety of items at all price ranges. Located at our Utica Station.
Charter the Caboose! Perfect for small private parties! Call for more details!
Dinner is included in the price of your ticket. Menu options include:
- La Bomba Taco Salad
- Soda Fountain Salad with Grilled or Fried Chicken
- Grilled/Friend Chicken Sandwich (choice of chips, fries, or macaroni salad)
- Veggie Burger (choice of chips, fries, or macaroni salad)
- Corvette Burger (choice of chips, fries, or macaroni salad)
|Arrive in Remsen:
|Arrive in Utica:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where is Remsen?
Remsen is a small town in New York with its station located 20 miles north of Utica, NY. The original station was built in the early 1850's, the present station is a replica constructed in 1999 by Remsen Development Corporation.
How can I learn more about The Soda Fountain?
Please visit The Soda Fountain's website: Here
I have some mobility concerns, is this trip handicapped friendly?
- A: No. This train is not suitable for people with mobility concerns. No wheelchair ramp or lift is available for deboarding in Remsen and the restaurant is 70 yards from the train, over a grassy lawn.
I smoke, is there a dedicated place for me to have a cigarette?
Smoking is prohibited in every car and vestibule on the train. However, smoking is allowed outside on the platform before you depart. Please remember to deposit your cigarette butts responsibly.
I can't make my original departure date; can I switch to a different date?
Yes, reservations may only be switched, subject to availability. Please note that many of our trips do sell out. If you wish to cancel your trip please contact one of our ticketing agents toll free at 1-800-819-2291.